Running After My Hat header image 2

Happy. Crazy. Unpredictable.

January 17th, 2013 · 6 Comments

I am blessed that the readership of Running After My Hat is seems to comprise, by and large, a pretty intelligent and creative bunch of people. So perhaps you can figure out my relative online silence this week if I ask you to assemble forms of the following words and word-like objects into a sentence: sebaceous, cyst, infected, beltline, omigodsweetjesusandmarythatHURTS, Vicodin, zombification.

Finding this moving video (by way of an unread e-newsletter) afforded me a very nice welcome back to the Internet, a reassurance that the world probably did not go to hell in my absence:

Wright and the video were also featured in a December column in the New York Times‘s “Well” blog.

Send to Kindle

Tags: In the Blood · Ruminations · Science & Medicine

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 whaddayamean // Jan 20, 2013 at 8:05 pm

oh no!! I’m sorry, John! hope you’re feeling better soon.

• 2 The Querulous Squirrel // Jan 21, 2013 at 7:43 am

What a beautiful, moving video.

• 3 Jayne // Jan 24, 2013 at 1:50 pm

How about: pleasetellmeyou’reokalready? Pretty please.

• 4 John // Jan 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Thanks so much — yes, much improved. (I won’t commit to “normal” just yet. :))

• 5 John // Jan 24, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Isn’t it? Of course, as a good number of comments at the Times site indicated, it wouldn’t be terribly surprising if the guy got disciplined for wasting his students’ valuable class time (even if he DOES give this lecture just once a year, in the last class before summer break). If that happens, though, I hope some other school recognizes what he’s got to offer them, and snaps him up!

• 6 John // Jan 24, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Hola. Andyesimokay… Will know better after tomorrow’s follow-up with the voice of medical reason. :)

You can use these tags in your comment: <a href="" title="">, <abbr title="">, <acronym title="">, <b>, <blockquote cite="">, <cite>, <code>, <em>, <i>, and <strong>. Of course, I discourage their use if you don't know what they do. :)

[You need to enter something into the weird red box, below, to comment. Click here if you need help!]