[Video: “The Wexford Carol,” performed by Yo-Yo Ma and Alison Kraus.]
Let’s get right to it:
Per usual at this time of year, I’m adding ten songs to the previous years’ selections. These are presented in two ways, in two separate little audio-player thingums:
- The complete playlist — now up to ninety songs total (about four and three-quarters hours’ worth).
- The list plays straight through, from start to finish, in the order in which the songs were first presented here at RAMH.
- …but you can also pop out the playlist into its own, compact window. This lets you proceed to read through the rest of the post or use your browser for something else — or close it altogether — while the music’s playing. (Note that the pop-out window will automatically begin playing.)
- If you’d prefer, you can also shuffle the complete list in random order, in a pop-out window, by clicking below:
Pop Out to Shuffle!
- OR you can simply play this year’s list of ten songs (about a half-hour in length). This is pretty straightforward: sequential order, no pop-out window, no shuffle mode.
In either case, or even if you don’t want to listen at all, you might want to glance at the complete current list of song titles and performers. (Note: this is just a listing; you cannot play music from it.)
Okay, here are the two player doo-dads — the complete, followed by the current…